This is so good and easy to make too! It's one of my favorites. Pure comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/8 cup nonfat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth (I use boullion)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wondra Flour
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream, margarine and milk; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, brown hamburger and onions together in sauce pan. Drain fat.
- 4Add can of tomatoes (do not drain) and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- 5Add enough Wondra to cover and boil until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer beef mixture to a casserole dish.
- 7Spread green beans over the top.
- 8Spread mashed potatoes over the top of green beans.
- 9Bake 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Shepherd's Pie With French-Style Green Beans! 5 Pts!
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 428.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic