Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good and easy to make too! It's one of my favorites. Pure comfort food.
Make and share this Ww Shepherd's Pie With French-Style Green Beans! 5 Pts! recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄8 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth (I use boullion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wondra Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream, margarine and milk; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown hamburger and onions together in sauce pan. Drain fat.
- Add can of tomatoes (do not drain) and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add enough Wondra to cover and boil until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer beef mixture to a casserole dish.
- Spread green beans over the top.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top of green beans.
- Bake 40 minutes.