Recipe by Luvs 2 Cook
This recipe came from a WW Cookbook from the 80's, long before points. It is easy to make and YUMMY to eat. I changed the margarine for light butter. I also added the zest from a lemon aand capers.
Top Review by teresas
I really enjoyed this but DH really didn't care for it. I think he didn't like the brown rice and I guess he's not crazy about scallops. I do agree that the lemon, capers and red pepper flakes are a must. Thanks for posting.
- 4 teaspoons light butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 medium scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in skillet unti it bubbles and is hot.
- Add mushrooms, scallions, and garlic. Saute, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes.
- Add scallops and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, capers, and seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Sprinkle with provolone cheese, cover, and cook until cheese is melted (about 2 minutes). Do not over cook, scallops will be tough.
- Serve over rice.