Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Only 2 pts per serving and totally tasty!
- 4 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese, ricotta salata (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 medium garlic, clove(s) minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 ounces spinach, fresh, leaves, rinsed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- Cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add cheese cubes and cook until golden, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove cheese from skillet with a spatula and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to same skillet; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add cumin and turmeric and stir to coat.
- Add spinach and cook until leaves wilt, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes; stir in salt.
- Return cheese cubes to skillet and cook 1 minute to heat through. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.