1/4 Photos of Ww Really Low Fat Chicken Flavour Rice
I recently started weight watchers and have been searching for flavourful yet healthy meals. This is a really easy side dish or take-to-work lunch. Feel free to use fresh herbs in place of the italian seasoning, but add them toward the end of cooking. This recipe serves 3 as a side dish or 2 as a lunch. The figures may be different between countries, but by British Weight Watchers, this whole recipe is a total of 9 1/2 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, put the rice, onion, garlic and italian seasoning.
- 2Crumble in the stock cubes.
- 3Pour the boiling water into the pan and stir to dissolve the stock cubes.
- 4Simmer, covered, over a low to medium heat for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir every 5 minutes or so, to stop the rice from sticking to the pan.
- 5Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. By this stage, nearly all the liquid should have been absorbed.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste (bear in mind, the stock cubes contain quite a lot of salt).
- 7Serve hot or allow to cool and refrigerate.
- 8NB: If reheating this rice in the microwave, add a little water before reheating so the rice doesn't dry out.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Really Low Fat Chicken Flavour Rice
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 1164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: