Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent weight watchers recipe altered to match my tastes.
Make and share this Ww Raspberry Balsamic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup low-sugar raspberry preserves, low sugar variety
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Salt and pepper to taste. Dredge in flour, shaking excess flour from the meat.
- Cook chicken in a nonstick pan on medium heat approximately 15 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Mix broth, cornstarch and preserves in skillet over medium heat. Stir in vinegar. Add chicken. Cook approximately 10 minutes, turning after 5.
I've tried this recipe twice using Smuckers Raspberry Simply Fruit, increasing chicken broth to almost 1cup (an equal half of 14.5-ounce can) and decreasing vinegar to 1 tablespoon (personal preference). I used coconut oil (probably add'l points), added stir fry vegetables after removing the chicken from pan which increased cooking time. Love the flavor--not overpowering. Love the ease and fast preparation. The only other suggestion I would make is to increase corn starch to 2 teaspoons. On both attempts there was plenty of sauce but too thin. Excellent.
Opted not to flour the chicken or thicken the sauce, added carrots, bok choy, shallots and eggplant. I happen to have raspberry wine vinegar so I used T of Balsamic and 1/2 T raspberry vinegar. Served on rice and it is delicious!
The WW Balsamic Mushroom recipe is a staple in my collection. This was a nice change. I added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes to give it some zip.