Recipe by qwerty3020
Excellent weight watchers recipe altered to match my tastes.
Top Review by lckennyx
I've tried this recipe twice using Smuckers Raspberry Simply Fruit, increasing chicken broth to almost 1cup (an equal half of 14.5-ounce can) and decreasing vinegar to 1 tablespoon (personal preference). I used coconut oil (probably add'l points), added stir fry vegetables after removing the chicken from pan which increased cooking time. Love the flavor--not overpowering. Love the ease and fast preparation. The only other suggestion I would make is to increase corn starch to 2 teaspoons. On both attempts there was plenty of sauce but too thin. Excellent.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup low-sugar raspberry preserves, low sugar variety
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Salt and pepper to taste. Dredge in flour, shaking excess flour from the meat.
- Cook chicken in a nonstick pan on medium heat approximately 15 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Mix broth, cornstarch and preserves in skillet over medium heat. Stir in vinegar. Add chicken. Cook approximately 10 minutes, turning after 5.