Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
POINTS® Value: 3 Servings: 8 Preparation Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 65 min Level of Difficulty: Moderate Our take on a Thanksgiving classic features a light graham cracker crust. Just the right sweetness to offset the pumpkin pie spice.
- 3 ounces cinnamon graham crackers, reduced fat
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup light whipped topping
- * Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- * Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor; process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). Spoon crumbs into a small bowl; add melted butter and combine with fingers into a coarse meal. Distribute crumbs evenly on bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. Bake until crust starts to turn golden, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- * Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until frothy; fold in egg, dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and evaporated milk. Beat pumpkin custard until smooth and pour into pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces, top each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of whipped topping and serve warm or at room temperature. Yields 1 slice per serving.
I made this pie to accompany our Thanksgiving dinner this year. It was DELICIOUS! I'm not really big on pie myself and made it in a wierd looking 9 inch cake pan. Overall it seemed to make the crust a little thicker and thus making the pie taste even better in my opinion. I used the full 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice. Delish! I'm making this again for our Christmas dinner. It's a keeper!