Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for the holidays and only 2 points for the entire pie. Yes, the entire pie!!!
- 1⁄2 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup skim milk
- 10 g artificial sweetener (like Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into a small pie plate, either glass or aluminum.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Mixture will still be runny but when pie cools, will become nice and thickened.
Just adding a comment here. I have seen this recipe before but it used a box of sugar-free vanilla pudding (the kind you cook) as well as the other ingredients. Perhaps an ingredient was omitted and that is why the other reviewers had problems.
I've made this, too. I agree with the bitter taste. I thought it was the combo of Splenda with the pumpkin, but don't really know for sure. I threw the whole thing out... Nobody in my family or at work liked it. Sorry, just didn't work for me.
I made this because I had some unflavored gelatin that I needed to use up, and I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt, but it just did not turn out well for me either. Strangely bitter or with a weird tang or something. I cook with splenda all the time so I don't think that was the problem... maybe the gelatin, or not enough milk or spices? Sorry!