Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is so good!! It is out of a WW cookbook called "Simple & Classic Homecooking". Has only 1 Point per serving. Yukon gold potatoes give this dish a wonderful buttery flavor. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese over the potaotes for a delicious cheesy flavor option. Hope you enjoy! Edit 5/24/07 This worked great on the grill. Place all the ingredients on heavy duty foil, seal and cooked about 30 minutes.
- 14.79 ml reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 411.06 g canone-third-less reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2.46 ml minced fresh thyme (I use 1/8 tsp dried)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook 20 minutes or until golden, stirring often.
- Add potato and remaining ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to high, and simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Great flavours. Next time I might pre-boil the potatoes for 10 min and add them to the pan without liqiud to try and get the potatoes crunchy
Yum, yum, yum. These tasty taters were wonderful. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. Tender and flavorful just the way I like them. I made 1/2 the recipe for the two of us, it was perfect. A lovely addition to our steak and cucumber salad. Thanks for sharing TeresaS.
This is a very tasty dish. I substituted olive oil for the margarine, and used homemade salt-free stock. These are smothered potatoes, so don't expect them to be crisp. Yukon golds are definitely the right potato here. Great recipe, thanks for posting!