Recipe by teresas
This is so good!! It is out of a WW cookbook called "Simple & Classic Homecooking". Has only 1 Point per serving. Yukon gold potatoes give this dish a wonderful buttery flavor. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese over the potaotes for a delicious cheesy flavor option. Hope you enjoy! Edit 5/24/07 This worked great on the grill. Place all the ingredients on heavy duty foil, seal and cooked about 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canone-third-less reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (I use 1/8 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook 20 minutes or until golden, stirring often.
- Add potato and remaining ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to high, and simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes or until liquid is absorbed.