Recipe by teresas
This is out of one of my old WW cookbooks back during the 123 Success time. Dated in 1997. It's really good. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I scaled this back for two and made it pretty much to the recipe except for adding some rosemary and sage to the thyme. It was so flavoursome that we really didn't feel that it needed cheese which makes it a lot healthier than frittatas with a sizable portion of cheese. I'm really glad to have found this recipe and will be making it when we're aware we've perhaps had enough cheese for the week! Sliced mushrooms would also taste excellent in this frittata so I'll be including them next time I make it. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Teresa! Made for Gimme 5.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white potato, cooked and thinly slice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick skillet with an oven proof handle, heat the oil.
- Saute' the bell peppers, onion and garlic until softened, 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the potato and thyme; cook, stirring as needed, about 5 minutes longer.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper; pour over the vegetables, stirring gently to combine.
- Reduce the heat and cook, without stirring, until the eggs are set, 12-15 minutes.
- Broil the frittata until the top is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.