Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Different tasty chicken!
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper and place in baking dish; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce and water (if you like thinner sauce add 1-2 tbsp more water) and stir until smooth and well mixed (or microwave on high 30 seconds). Spoon mixture over the chicken, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
My bf and I really much enjoyed this with some brown rice and stir fry veggies. We did double the peanut butter sauce cause we love PB. Thanks for posting this.
Here's a very, very nice change in the preparation of chicken breasts! I used twice as much peanut butter & possibly tripled the amount of water [sorry, I didn't measure, but just kept adding a little more,'til I got the consistancy that I wanted] & was very liberal with TOASTED sesame seeds! Thanks for this very good recipe!
This was okay - Tasted pretty good. But unfortunately the sauce... well, it just wasn't SAUCY enough. The peanut butter cooked into a thick, somewhat hardened mass on top of the chicken rather than kind of "melting" into a sauce. The chicken itself absorbed almost no flavor, so it was basically plain unflavored chicken plus the flavor of the layer of peanut butter on top. I would recommend using more peanut butter, more water, and a good dash of hot chili oil or sriracha hot sauce. Maybe some other flavorings like ginger or garlic. One nice thing about this recipe was it was very very quick and easy. Reviewed for ZaarTag.