Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Course: desserts PointsPlus™ Value: 2 Servings: 36 Preparation Time: 25 min Cooking Time: 8 min Level of Difficulty: Easy To give these cookies a crunchy edge and chewy center — the way we think they are at their most delicious — be sure not to overbake them
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour, pastry variety
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter, with salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 ounces chocolate-covered peanuts
- Place the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in the chocolate-covered peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Roll scant tablespoonfuls of the dough into 1-inch balls, making a total of 36 cookies. If necessary, dust your hands with flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Place the balls on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart, then press with a glass dipped in flour to make 1 1⁄2-inch rounds. Bake until set, 8 – 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking. Let cool on the baking sheets on racks about 1 minute. With a spatula, transfer the cookies to racks and let cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.