Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another old recipe out of a WW magazine.The magazine shows: 323 cal, 7 g fat, 1 g fib.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups pasta (linguine, about 12 oz uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Drain clams, reserving juice.
- Set clams and juice aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute' 2 minutes or until golden (do not allow to burn or garlic will be bitter).
- Add reserved clam juice, bottled clam juice, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes; bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- Add clams and lemon juice; cook 3 minutes or until clams are thoroughly heated.
- Combine pasta and clam sauce in a large bowl.
- Add chopped parsley, lemon rind, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- Spoon 1 cup pasta into each of 6 individual shallow bowls, dividing clam sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp Parmesan cheese over each serving.
I didn't make this for the purpose of Ww, I'm just a huge fan of pasta with white clam sauce and this recipe doesn't disappoint, the lemon really gives this great flavor. I made as written but scaled it down for 1 serving and omitted the bottle of clam juice as there was plenty of juice in the can of clams. This will be added to my clam sauce rotation and "Best of 2012 Cookbook" as well, thanks! Made for 123HITS *APRIL 2012*
I used angel hair pasta instead of linguine and just used the clam juice from the can of clams. Also used fresh basil. I really liked the lemon and crushed red peppers in this. Very surprised this is WW, it tastes very rich and is very filling. Made for Zaar Stars tag game. Thanks for sharing!
So glad I found this recipe. Made this for family last night and even my grandsons liked this. They couldn't believe this was WW. The lemon juice and red pepper flakes really enhanced the favors. I think the next time I won't add a bottle of clam juice. I think it's juicy enough for the sauce without it. Also I just put the parm cheese out in a bowl and we used less than the recipe called for. Sooooo good and I will definitely be making this again and again.