Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old recipe from back when you counted portions and not points. I love this dish. I figured it has 2 pts. Posting it here for save keeping. Please try it.
- 12 ounces potatoes, well scrubbed
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, rubbed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Using sharp knife, cut potato into 1/4-inch-thick wedges.
- In 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine potato wedges and cold water and bring to a boil; cook until potato wedges are tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer potato wedges to a colander and set under running cold water until cool; pat dry with paper towels.
- In 8 or 9-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over high heat; add potato wedges and cook turning occasionally, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese and seasonions over potato wedges and mix until thoroughly combined.
These potatoes were amazing Teresa. So much flavor. They were perfection, crispy on the outside and soft and tender in the inside. Loved the flavoring from the olive oil, sage and Parmesan. So good. Made as written and wouldn't change a thing. Kudos on Making it into My Favorites Cookbook for 2015. Made FYC Tag Game.
These cane out lovely, slightly crisp on the outside and very tender on the inside. Lots of great flavor that was so good with small steaks and a green salad last evening. :D
Really enjoyed the seasoning on these wedges & will definitely be making them again! A great snack, whether plain or with a dip, that's for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]