Recipe by teresas
This is an old recipe from back when you counted portions and not points. I love this dish. This recipe has 8 SMART Points (7 Points plus) per 4oz serving. Posting it here for save keeping. Please try it.
Top Review by breezermom
I can't believe this is a weight watcher's recipe! It tastes so rich. I got double the mushrooms since my son doesn't eat them. Loved it that way. Will probably double the mushrooms when I share with a fellow mushroom lover. Made for FYC tag. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- On sheet of wax paper or a paper plate combine flour, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and reserving any remaining flour mixture.
- In 10-inch skillet heat 1 1/2 tsps oil over medium-high heat; add onions and garlic and saute until onions are softened.
- Add mushrooms, basil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in any reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and, continuing to stir, bring mixture to a boil.
- Return mushroom mixture to pan and cook until heated through.