Recipe by birdgirl58
A muffin sweetened with honey and ripe bananas, with whole wheat flour and oats.
Top Review by Outta Here
These are very good for being lowfat. I used whole wheat pastry flour, which helped keep them lighter. I will add some cinnamon next time, though, for a little extra zip. The texture was great.
- 2 large bananas, very ripe
- 59.16 ml honey
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 1 large egg white
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin cups with 12 paper inserts or spray with oil spray.
- In a medium size bowl, peel and mash bananas. Add honey, egg white, milk and oil. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until moistened well. Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and cook 18-22 minutes until slightly brown on tops or until desired doneness.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.