A muffin sweetened with honey and ripe bananas, with whole wheat flour and oats.
Make and share this Ww Oat Banana Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin cups with 12 paper inserts or spray with oil spray.
- In a medium size bowl, peel and mash bananas. Add honey, egg white, milk and oil. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt, baking powder and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until moistened well. Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and cook 18-22 minutes until slightly brown on tops or until desired doneness.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
These are very good for being lowfat. I used whole wheat pastry flour, which helped keep them lighter. I will add some cinnamon next time, though, for a little extra zip. The texture was great.
Healthy and delicious! Used maple syrup instead of honey and made the recipe as is. Thanks for sharing!
These were great! Loved that they were healthy also. With Redsie's suggestion I too used maple syrup (also because we had no honey) they were fantastic!