Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet but it is only 3 points per bar. This came out of a 2009 WW magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup light stick butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons light stick butter
- 1 tablespoon fat- free milk
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons light stick butter
- 1.Line a 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap. Melt 1/4 light stick butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/4 , 1/3 unsweetened cocoa, and 1 egg; cook 1 minute. Stir in 1 c.low-fat graham cracker crumbs, 1 c.rolled oats, 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut,1/4 chopped walnut, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Freeze until firm, 30 minutes.
- 2.With an electric mixer, beat 4 teaspoons light stick butter and 1 Tbsp fat-free milk. Beat in 2 C.sifted confectioners sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread over the crust and chill 15 minutes. microwave 2 oz bittersweet chocolate and 2 tsp light stick butter for 10 seconds; stil. Spread over the filling; chill 2 hours. Cut into 20 bars.
- Do ahead: 2 days.
These bars, made pretty much according to this recipe, were included in a recent cookie buffet for residents in my mobile home park! Very nice, very different, & most who tasted them were very satisfied, including myself, but then, I'm a died-in-the-wool chocoholic! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]