Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
Before WW,the fat version of this was one of our family favorites. I've done some tweaking and come up with a chicken dish that is very near to it's FAT cousin and only 5 points. (update 4/21/09) When I first posted this recipe, I figured it to be 2 points, but have since learned it's 5 points, sorry for the error.
- 6 chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other salt free seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray 9x11 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine Sour Cream, Evaporated Milk and mustards in a medium sized bowl.
- Season chicken with salt free seasoning and seasoned salt; dip chicken pieces in cream mixture.
- Roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Place chicken pieces in coated pan and sprinkle with thyme leaves, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until juices run clear.
Excellent baked chicken recipe. I doubled the spices, adding a little cayenne pepper, then added them to the cornflake crumbs. I used more than the stated 1 cup of cornflake crumbs but my chicken breasts were large. I also used oregano instead of the thyme leaves just personal preference and as a previous reviewer posted sprinkled the coating with a little onion salt. Baked mine at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. The chicken had a nice crunch with a moist tender inside. Thanks for sharing. Made for I Recommend Tag game.
Excellent taste! Love the sour cream/mustard coating. I changed the recipe a bit, using fat free half-and-half instead of evaporated milk. I also added cayenne and thyme to the cornflakes, instead of sprinkling on top. There was no baking temp, so I ran to the computer to see what others had done.....it was all over the place, so I baked at 375 for 25 minutes, and they turned out fine. Crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. Thanks for sharing!
The whole family really enjoyed this! Nice blend of flavors though not as crunchy as I would have liked. No temp was given so I baked at 375, took about half an hour.