Recipe by couponmommy123
This is a delicious very healthy chicken recipe. It is a favorite in our household. I usually serve it with a baked potato or rice. Pnts: 6 Servings 4 recipe is from cookingcache.com
Top Review by pahealthymom
This was so yummy! I had my 16 year old son make this and it was wonderful (he is a culinary student). We used a few strips of turkey bacon cut up then cooked in place of the bacon bits. I also used a tex-mex seasoning I make that is salt free instead of the southwest seasoning as that is what I had on hand. I served it with baked red potatoes and steamed green beans. It was way better than the full fat/calorie versions that I have had in the past. So easy, quick and tasty. Thanks for posting this, it will be a regular at my house.
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup 2% colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel, drained (Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies)
- sliced green onion
- pampered chef southwest seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pound out the chicken breasts to flatten. Season each with a little southwest seasoning .
- Cook the chicken in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat until no longer pink.
- Place each breast onto a baking sheet and top each breast with 2 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, 2 tablespoon cheese, 2 tablespoon Rotel tomatoes, green onions and 1 tablespoon of bacon bits.
- Place into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).