Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious very healthy chicken recipe. It is a favorite in our household. I usually serve it with a baked potato or rice. Pnts: 6 Servings 4 recipe is from cookingcache.com
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup 2% colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel, drained (Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies)
- sliced green onion
- pampered chef southwest seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pound out the chicken breasts to flatten. Season each with a little southwest seasoning .
- Cook the chicken in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat until no longer pink.
- Place each breast onto a baking sheet and top each breast with 2 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, 2 tablespoon cheese, 2 tablespoon Rotel tomatoes, green onions and 1 tablespoon of bacon bits.
- Place into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).
This was so yummy! I had my 16 year old son make this and it was wonderful (he is a culinary student). We used a few strips of turkey bacon cut up then cooked in place of the bacon bits. I also used a tex-mex seasoning I make that is salt free instead of the southwest seasoning as that is what I had on hand. I served it with baked red potatoes and steamed green beans. It was way better than the full fat/calorie versions that I have had in the past. So easy, quick and tasty. Thanks for posting this, it will be a regular at my house.
This receipe is so excellent, WW approved.. tasty, delightful.. easy... loved the little flavor of BBQ sauce.. melted in my mouth... Try it you won't be disppointed.
A very easy, very yummy, and very fast recipe, to devour and to make. The only change was I have already previously cooked/frozen "Southwest" seasoned chicken breasts in my freezer, so I picked up on the recipe after I defrosted and reheated the previously cooked chicken breast for 1 and 1/2 minutes in the microwave. Sprayed some foil, put chicken breast on top, and followed from there. All heated, warmed, and oh so tasty. I had everything on hand, and even the chicken not cooked previously would of only taken minutes as well. I served this sitting atop lettuces leaves, added a bit of dressing and made a warm chicken/lettuce salad. Thank you couponmommy123! Made for *New Kids on the Block* tag game. February, 2009.