Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of recipesource.com. Apparently its source is 'Weight Watchers 1992' I tweaked the recipe slightly, see instructions for original. Recipe calls for a 8x8x2'' pan. It freezes well too.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 6 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Spray an 8x8x2'' cake pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer for about 4 minutes, until it reaches custard-like consistency and doubles in volume.
- Beat in sugar 1 tbsp a time, mix well.
- Stir in liqueur.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture, fold until combined.
- Pour into pan, bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- In a microwavable container melt chocolate chips. Pour over brownies.
- Stir in walnuts while chocolate is warm, if using.
- Cut into 16 equal squares.
- Suggested varations: substitute 1 oz peanut butter for chocolate chips.