Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The combination of turkey breast and lean beef gives this a wonderful texture and unique flavor. From the Sep/Oct '06 WW Magazine. (3 Points per slice)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, musard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- Combine everything except meat in large mixing bowl; mix to combine.
- Add meat; mix lightly until vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Spoon into lightly greased loaf pan; bake at 350 for 60-70 minute.
- Let stand five minutes before cutting.
Fell in love w/this!! Very moist, easy to cut in slices and outstanding flavor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This recipe was great! I did not have to change anything. It came out moist and very delicious.
I was a little skeptical of the oatmeal but this was really good. The only thing I did different was to add 1/4 cup ketchup & a 1/3 cup chili sauce mixed together and spread over the top of the meatloaf and I used all turkey because that was all I had. My DH's only complaint was that he didn't really care for the carrot (there was nothing wrong with having carrot in it!) I think it was more that he could see the carrot than really taste it, but besides that I will definetly make again!!