Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from Weight Watchers. This and lots of other recipes can be found at the www.weightwatchers.com website. Was POINTS® Value: 18 Now POINTS® Value: 7 Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 25 min Level of Difficulty: Easy Everyone's favorite comfort food, lightened up thanks to a request from Community user FISHINMA. Our version is rich and creamy but with a fraction of the calories and fat.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canthe 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can pimientos, chopped
- 4 ounces whole wheat crackers, mashed into crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 7 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add soup, mayonnaise, cheese, pepper and pimentos; mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.