Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from Weight Watchers. This and lots of other recipes can be found at the www.weightwatchers.com website. Was POINTS® Value: 18 Now POINTS® Value: 7 Servings: 6 Preparation Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 25 min Level of Difficulty: Easy Everyone's favorite comfort food, lightened up thanks to a request from Community user FISHINMA. Our version is rich and creamy but with a fraction of the calories and fat.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canthe 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can pimientos, chopped
- 4 ounces whole wheat crackers, mashed into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 7 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add soup, mayonnaise, cheese, pepper and pimentos; mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Delicious!! I used cream of chicken soup and crushed saltine crackers on top (all I had) and it came out creamy and yummy!!!