1/4 Photos of Ww Low Fat Taco Beef Skillet Dinner
Since starting Weight Watchers, I have missed the flavour of Mexican foods. But with calorie-filled toppings and wraps, they're not always diet-friendly. So I came up with this meal- it has the flavours of Mexican food without the majority of the calories and if you have extra points, you can even add a little guacamole or sour cream on top! It's worth using fresh salsa, not the jarred stuff for this recipe- it adds a lovely fresh bright flavour. Using extra lean beef, this recipe has a total of 19 Weight Watchers points by British points calculations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop the red onion and green pepper and set aside.
- 2Put the beef stock in a saucepan and heat to boiling. Add the rice and cook, covered, until done (for my brand of rice this takes around 25 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet start to brown the ground beef for 3 minutes.
- 4Add the chopped red onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, for a further 7 minutes.
- 5Add the frozen corn and cook for 3 minutes more.
- 6Add the water and taco spice mix. Turn down the heat and cook until the meat is done and the liquid is almost completely absorbed. This takes 5-10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile check on the rice- it should be nearly done. Remove from the heat when cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- 8When the meat mixture is cooked, stir in the rice.
- 9Turn off the heat and stir in the salsa. Serve immediately, topped with coriander/ cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Low Fat Taco Beef Skillet Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 2434.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 43.9 g