Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great substitute if you're craving creamy sauces but can't have the calories. The original recipe (from a supermarket recipe card) calls for creme fraiche but I'm sure lite sour cream would be just fine. This is also quick and easy on the budget.
- 8 ounces lean bacon, medallions
- 2 -3 onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 2 cups dry pasta
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 cup low fat creme fraiche (I use a Weight Watchers brand one)
- Dice the bacon and onions and finely chop the parsley.
- Start to cook the pasta according to package directions (if using quick-cook pasta, wait a little before starting it so the rest is ready).
- Spray a skillet with a little low fat cooking spray and cook the bacon for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and Cavenders Greek seasoning. Cook until the bacon is fully cooked and the onions are soft- about 10 minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche and chopped parsley to the skillet and stir. Heat it through.
- Drain the pasta when it is cooked. Add it to the skillet and stir to mix well.
- Serve hot and topped with a sprig of fresh parsley.
This was delicious! Easy and quick to make and probably will reheat well. I used slices of turkey bacon which I chopped and fat free sour cream. I think I will add mushrooms next time! Satisfied my craving for calorie loaded creamy sauces. Thanks!
Made for dinner, and we were definately not disappointed. Easy, inexpensive recipe, and did not make any adjustments to this. Very tasty and flavorful. Served with Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves#458293, to complete our dinner last night. Made for 2012 Pick a Chef.
Nice speedy, tasty recipe. I used Greek Seasoning Blend for the seasoning, as the brand listed is not available where we live. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)