This is a tasty side dish which also works well as a take-to-work lunch reheated in the microwave the next day. Makes 2 lunches or serves 2-3 as a side dish. The figures may be different between countries, but by British Weight Watchers, this recipe is a total of 10 points, so if you make 2 servings out of it, they would be 5 points each.
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Put the rice in an ovenproof casserole dish. Add the finely diced onion.
- Crumble in the chicken stock cubes and pour over the boiling water. Stir to dissolve the stock.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and garlic. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Stir to mix well.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover after 45 minutes. Stir and bake a further 10 minutes uncovered or until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve hot or allow to cool and store in the fridge to be reheated.
- NB: If reheating in the microwave the next day, add a little water before heating, to avoid the rice drying out.