Recipe by BouncyChef
I haven't a breeze where I picked this recipe up. I have made many changes, especially reducing the fat. This is pretty hot, but besides the kick, it has an amazing flavour. I don’t think it’ll freeze, but it might be able to. We didn’t have so much as a teaspoon left it was so tasty. Total recipe points, 15, or 7 1/2 each.
- 3 small chicken breasts
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red chile
- 1 green chili
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes, use all the tomatoes, use only 1/2 of the juice
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 onion
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 ounces brown rice
- 3⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 35 green olives
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into bitesized pieces.
- Cut the chillies and pepper in half, remove the seeds etc. and chop however way you want to eat them. I diced the heck out of the chillies.
- Spray the pan with non-fat cooking spray, season the chicken with cayenne pepper (I used loads).
- Fry the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the peppers and onion and fry for 5 minutes until browned.
- Remove it from the pan and now add the chillies, paprika and rice and fry, stirring for 1 minute, to coat the rice in oil. (I sprayed the pan again).
- Add the hot vegetable stock to the pan, cover and cook rice over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Return the peppers, onion and chicken to the pan, add the thyme and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the olives roughly and chuck them into the pan, and add the Tabasco sauce to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.