Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is out of one of my old weight watchers cookbooks back in 2000. Called "Just like Home". It was one of my favorite dished to make. Only has 5 points. Save the leftovers to make Ww Baked-Potato Soup. I'll post that recipe also.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup about 3 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 slices hickory smoked bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until tender. (I have zapped them in the microwave, but the oven is best).
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Mash pulp with a potato masher.
- Add milk and next 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells.
- Place on a baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes or until thorougly heated.
- Sprinkle each potato half with 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions; top evenly with crumbled bacon.
I used small red potatoes and a red pepper cream cheese, soy milk and lots of fresh oregano. So good. Thanks!
While putting these potatoes together, I was thinking that it was quite a bit of extra work than whipping up some mashed potatoes. BUT - when I got to eat one, it was clear in my head that the extra work was well worth it - the flavours are great! Also good for making in advance.
Made half a recipe for just the 2 of us, & so that I'd have what I needed for your Baked Potato Soup the next day, & must say that the first time around they were very, very satisfying! Great combo of cheeses & well-worth making again! Thanks for posting the recipe!