Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from www.dwlz.com
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles (mild)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn tortillas (12, 6-inch tortillas)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet;.
- drain well. Mix in beans, tomatoes, chiles and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat;.
- simmer 5 minute Spray 9 x 13 " baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut.
- tortillas in half; place half of them in bottom of baking dish, overlapping.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Cover with remaining.
- tortillas and then remaining beef mixture. Top with cheese. Cover; bake 25 minute.
- 5.5 Points per serving.
Made it...Loved it!! They only thing I changed was I used black beans instead but it was DELISH!! I am soooooooo looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!!
Thank you for a great tasting and easy recipe. I used black beans instead of the red kidney beans but that is just my family preference. I make this at least once a month now! Excellent with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and light sour cream.
I made this casserole vegetarian by using beans only - black beans and kidney beans. I also used fresh tomatoes with fresh basil, oregano, and garlic. I was expecting a lot of flavor and was a little disappointed. It was also a little dry but was much better with sour cream. I am not rating this recipe since I did make changes to the ingredients. The recipe was easy to put together and reheats well.