- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups button mushrooms or 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles (9 noodles)
- 2 tablespoons soyakaas grated vegan parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- * Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- * Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté until mushroom liquid cooks off, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach; cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add ricotta, mozzarella, egg white and nutmeg; mix well to combine.
- * Mix together tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in another bowl. Spoon 3/4 cup of tomato mixture into bottom of an 11 X 7-inch baking dish. Top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with 3/4 cup more of tomato mixture and 1/2 of cheese mixture; spread cheese mixture to make an even layer. Top with 3 more noodles and press noodles slightly into cheese mixture. Top noodles with 3/4 cup more of tomato mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles, pressing noodles slightly into cheese mixture. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese topping.
- * Bake until lasagna filling is bubbly and top is golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.