Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A Weight Watchers version of a favourite Australian recipe. Use your favourite jam (jelly). This a quantity for one serving. Serve with hot pouring custard. Australian measurements used. 5 Points
- 1⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons low-fat butter
- 3 teaspoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon jam (jelly)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Coat a flat oven tray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Rub in butter then pour in milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- On a sheet of baking paper gently & quickly knead dough. Roll out to a 13cm x 6cm rectangle. Evenly spread the jam on the dough. Roll up from short side, then fold the ends under.
- Place dough onto prepared tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden & risen. Cool slightly before serving.
I tripled the recipe and needed to use an extra teaspoon of milk to bring the dough together, lightly kneading in the bowl before deviding into 3. I did find that after making the first I needed to roll it out a little bigger than stated about another 1 1/2cm and put 2 heaped teaspoons of jam (diabetic strawberry) plus 2 thin slices of fresh strawberry down one end and then fold the 2 narrow ends together press and fold around as with the first I just had jam oozing out everywhere but found that decreasing the amount of jam and folding instead of rolling worked well. Thank you Mischka for a dessert I will make for the DM and DS who thoroughly enjoyed, made for Edition 6 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
Very good pastry. It was a little tricky working with such a soft dough, but it tastes great after all is done. I used raspberry jam and really enjoyed this for breakfast. It turns out very light and the taste of the jam really comes through.