Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of a WW Cookbook called "Quick Cooking for Busy People" It has only 2 WW Points. DH gave it an excellent rating. Hope you enjoy! For a quick meal serve with grilled slices of veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onion or peppers). For additional flavor, brush vegetables with remaining marinade before placing them on the grill. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)
- 1⁄3 cup jalapeno jelly, melted
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag, and shake until chicken is coated well.
- Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees).
- Place chicken on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until done.
This was SOOOOOO delish! I used drumsticks, which is what I had on had and marinaded for 24 hours. I microwaved the chicken (minus the marinade) for 7 minutes and then finished on a medium/low setting on the BBQ, basting every 5 minutes or so, for about 20 mins. The result were savoury, slightly spicy, slightly sweet drumsticks from chicken heaven! Thank you Teresas...this one is a keeper!
What a great simple recipe. I used A1 steak sauce which I think has a little more of a bold taste and marinated the chicken overnight. It was super simple and delish. Thanks for sharing, Teresa. Made for FYC tag.
We loved this chicken dish ~ and we enjoyed it with Mexican Black Beans and Vidalia Onion Cornbread ~ mmm - mmm - good!! This was so easy, just pop the chicken on the grill after marinating. Quick and easy summertime recipe that we will definitely enjoy again. Thanks TeresaS for another new find! Made for PAC Spring 2009!