Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The Italians have a way of grilling small baby chickens bathed in olive oil, garlic and chillies. They call it The Devil’s Chicken (Pollo A Diabolo) because it is spicy hot and quite delicious. This recipe is a lower fat version baked in the oven. 2.5pts per serving, from weight watchers. Serve with a green salad and some small boiled potatoes or cooked pasta dressed with parsley and a little chopped garlic.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- Heat the oven to 325°F Place the chicken in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the garlic, chili, oregano, oil, lemon juice and stock or water.
- Spoon over the chicken making sure it is well coated. Cover the top loosely with foil to protect the flesh from drying out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, basting once or twice during cooking. Remove the foil and brown the chicken for the last 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Super yummy! Everyone loved this chicken. You definitely need rice or something to soak up the broth! Thank you for sharing, this one is going into the permanent rotation file. :)
I was surprised at how easy this was to make - less than 5 minutes prep. And it came out moist and delicious and spicy! And fits into my low saturated fat diet! Thank you so much for posting.