Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.weightwatchers.com website. "Whip up a batch of these mini frittatas on a Sunday night and you’ve got breakfast ready to go for the week. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy."
- 1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces lean ham, cooked, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup weight watchers shredded reduced-fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread potatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.
- Remove potatoes from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press potatoes down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole). Pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.
- Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 frittata per serving.
Perfect for a fast easy breakfast! Good flavor! Even warm it up in a wheat tortilla and put a bit of salsa on it for a breakfast burrito.