1/3 Photos of Ww Hunan Shrimp - 5 Points
This is out of one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks called "Take-Out Tonight!" Both DH and I really liked this dish. You can use 1/2 shrimp and 1/2 sea scallops if you prefer. You can also replace the asparagus with broccoli florets or fresh snow peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Comine the shrimp with 1 tbl of the cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside.
- 2Combine the broth, soy sauce, black bean sauce, chili-garlic sauce and the remaining 2 tsps cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- 4Swirl in 2 tsps of the oil, then add the shrimp.
- 5Stir-fry until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 6Swirl in the remaining 1 tsp oil, then add the ginger and onion.
- 7Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 miunte.
- 8Add the bell peppers and asparagus; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 miunutes.
- 9Add the shrimp and broth mixture.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- 11Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Hunan Shrimp - 5 Points
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 931.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce