Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat free egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- In a large nonstick saucepan over low heat, combine the evaporated milk, egg substitute and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbles just begin to form around the edges and the mixture thickens, 12-15 minutes.
- Add the skim milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- increase the heat to medium and cook, whisking constantly, until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve at once, sprinkled with the freshly grated nutmeg (if using).