Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is out of an old Weight Watchers magazine. It shows Cal-95, Fat-2.7, Fib-2.6
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 cups fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup red pepper, cut in strips
- 2 teaspoons dry roasted peanuts, unsalted, finely chopped
- Combine chicken broth, hoisin sauce, sherry, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add peanut oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper strips; saute' 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add broth mixture, and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
I really enjoyed this. I used the peanut oil, and with the peanuts, found that this had a strong peanut flavor. Very colorful and delicious! Thanks for sharing.
This was an easy, fast and flavourful side dish that went great with Nif's Awesome Asian Chicken Thighs along with sticky rice. We really liked the flavour and will for sure make again. Made for PRMR
Very good! This was so fast and easy to make, and everyone at the table enjoyed it. A very colorful way for the family to enjoy their vegetables. A great dish for a weeknight dinner. Thanks for posting!