1 hr 23 mins
This is a recipe I found on my WW Online. However, they are changing up thier recipes & it's almost impossible to find it anymore. So, I'm placing it here for safe-keeping (just as written). My husband and I are both on WW & we love this chili. Perfect to warm up the insides on a chilly fall/winter day...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots (med)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans (cooked)
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1Coat a Lg pot with cooking spray & place over med. heat.
- 2Add oil & onion (saute until soft, about 5 min).
- 3Add garlic & carrots (cook until garlic is softened, about 1 min).
- 4Add Turkey & brown meat (breaking it up w/ a woodedn spoon as it cooks, about 5 minute Stir to break up lumps).
- 5Add chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, beans, & green pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat & simmer until meat & vegtables are tender (about 30-45 min).
- 8Season to taste w/ salt & pepper. Garnish with scallions.
- 9Yeilds 1 Cup per serving = 4pts.
- 10UPDATE: Under the new PointsPlus Program it is now 6pts per serving (based on the nutrition facts next to recipe).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Hearty Turkey Chili (4pts=old System; 6pt+pointsplus)
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 832.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 21.3 g