1/1 Photo of Ww Hearty Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 15 mins
Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
This is a classic, old-fashioned stuffed bell pepper. The recipe is adapted from Weight Watchers Take 5 – 150 Five-Ingredient Recipes cookbook. I use red peppers because they are sweeter. I also use the hot and spicy V 8 for zing. I also use Uncle Ben's Tomato Basil or Spanish Rice and have sub ground turkey for beef. Can cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are tender and beef mixture is cooked through. Cook time includes rice cool down time. Per serving (1 bell pepper with 5 tablespoons sauce): 186 calories, 5 grams fat, 2 grams fiber. 4 points
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- 10 ounces extra lean ground beef (7% or less fat)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups 100% vegetable juice (e.g. V8)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting the butter or vegetable oil. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, slice off the top of each bell pepper and remove the seeds. Set aside. Remove and discard stems and chop remaining pepper tops.
- 3Combine the cooked rice, the ground beef, onion, chopped pepper, garlic, 1/4 cup of the vegetable juice, the Parmesan, and spices in a medium bowl. Spoon the rice mixture, dividing it evenly, into the bell peppers.
- 4Place the bell peppers in a deep 3-quart sauce pan; pour the remaining 1 1/4 cups vegetable juice around the bell peppers.
- 5Set pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- 6Simmer until peppers are tender and beef is cooked through, 20 - 30 minutes.
- 7Place each bell pepper in a serving bowl and serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Hearty Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 645.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: