Recipe by ellie_
My family loved this simple dish--and no one will ever guess this is "diet" food! If following the WW flex plan this is 5 points per serving. If you can't find the reduced-fat products, I add one point for each reg product I use (although this may be off a bit, I think it comes out close). Recipe source: WW Magazine (January 2008)
Top Review by gertc96
We really enjoyed this dish.... I used no yolk noodles because that is what we had on hand...I also used 1 lb of ground beef.... Everything else I followed exactly.... This was very simple to prepare.... Next time I fix it, I'll probably use some garlic in with the mushroom mixture and use 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.... We like a lot of meat when we fix one-dish meals.... Thanks so much for sharing this....
- 3 cups whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat prepared pasta sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with Pam.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Spray a skillet with Pam.
- Over medium high heat cook next 3 ingredients (mushrooms - onion) for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add pasta sauce, soup,1/2 cup cheddar, and the cooked noodles.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until hot; top with remaining cheddar and the remaining ingredients (pepperoni - Parmesan) and bake 5 minutes longer.