Serve with sweet potato wedges, steamed veggies and corn muffins to complement this pineapple-flavored sauce. Out of a Weight Watchers Cookbook called Simple Goodness. Enjoy.
- Trim fat from ham.
- Lightly score ham slice in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife.
- Place in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk; spread mixture over ham.
- Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap and vent.
- Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove ham from dish, and cut into 4 equal pieces; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine pineapple juice and cornstarch in a 1-cup glass measure; stir well.
- Micowave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until thick and bubbly; stir well.
- Serve pineapple sauce with ham.
this was good. putting some extra pineapple on top makes it so much better.
This was amazing! I'm not a big fan of ham steaks because of the fat, but I'll be using the rest of this recipe again on regular smoked ham sliced. I realized as I was making it that I was out of cornstarch, but just poured some pineapple juice over the ham steaks once heated. YUM!
This was absolutely DELIGHTFUL, Teresa. So many good things to say. Keeping it brief, So EASY to prepare, and cook. The sauce itself should get 10 stars. The spices are a great combo on this. Ds, and I finished it for lunch today. This will definately be kept in my cookbook. Something fast, flavorful, and delicous. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.