Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is out of a 2000 Cookbook called "Simple & Classic Homecooking". It is noted in the cookbook that this recipe received their highest rating. You can serve it on a bed of couscous alongside mixed salad greens and some fresh fruit for dessert.DH rated it pretty darn good.
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml ground ginger
- 453.59 g skinless salmon fillet (1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish; stir well. Add fish; cover, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees). Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place fish on grill rack or in a grill basket coated with cooking spray; grill, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes or until marinade becomes thick and syrupy.
- Spoon over fish; serve immediately.
Super Easy and delicious with ingredients we usually have around our house. Made for For Your Consideration.
This is very good! I cut it down to serve one, but made enough marinade/sauce for two. I could still have used more sauce! Quick and easy to do on a weekday after work. I marinated the salmon for about an hour....will try a longer marinating time next time to get a bit more flavor in the salmon. I loved the smoky flavor I got cooking on the grill. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
What wonderful flavour this bought to our meal. I did cook mine 4 minutes per side in the frypan and we thoroughly enjoyed this tasty salmon with Jeweled Cinnamon Couscous on the side. Thank you TeresaS, made for ZAAR Stars.