Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Like mushroom pizza burgers, minus the buns. Good as small main dishes, or slice each mushroom cap into quarters for an appetizer. Taken from the Weight Watchers recipes. 1 point per serving
- 1⁄2 cup shredded kraft low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 portabella mushrooms, medium-sized, stems removed, wiped clean with a damp paper towel
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place mushrooms on a tray and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on grill, underside (gill) down, and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and using tongs, flip mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
- After mushrooms have cooked for 8 minutes, remove them to a tray and reduce grill heat to medium-low. Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of seasoned cheese. Place mushrooms back on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving plate and top each with 4 slices of tomato and 2 basil leaves. Yields 1 mushroom per serving.
Yummy! This is such a filling little dish, thank you for sharing!