Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another great Jalapeno Chicken recipe by Weight Watchers. It's out of the 2000 "Day by Day" cookbook. It has 3 points per serving. I have done both blender and fine chopping and they are both great. I find the extra bits and pieces by chopping instead of blending adds a great crunch to the dish and makes it look outstanding. Hope you enjoy and happy eating!
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 (1020.58 g) skinless chicken breast halves (bone in)
- cooking spray
- Place first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth (or chopped them fine).
- Combine lime juice mixture and chicken in a large, heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag.
- Seal bag, and marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 to 8 hours. (I have done over night).
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 12 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Too cold to start the grill outside so I did the George Foreman, we also used boneless skinless breasts. I think I could eat this every day - well that is if you didn't have hundreds of other great recipes on this site.
These are amazing. We brought it to a byom bbq and everyone was really jealous. I will definitely make this again!
Made for Potluck Tag. We really enjoyed this, but then again, we like just about anything with lime, cilantro & jalapenos. The only thing that I did different was to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but that is what I usually have on hand. Will be making this often during the summer. Thanks for posting this Teresa!