1/1 Photo of Ww Greek-Style Spaghetti Squash (Works W/Simply Filling)
I got this from my WW leader. Although I'm not normally crazy about chickpeas or spaghetti squash, but this is really good! Definitely better than simply the sum of its parts. I used canned tomatoes with green chilis which added a bit of spice and IMO "made" this recipe. I did not use dill or mint. This is 4 WW pts per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs raw spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallion, sliced (I used the white and green parts)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 1/2 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dill or 1/4 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat free crumbled feta
- 1Cut squash in half and put on microwave-safe plate. Cook on high, turning squash over every 3 minutes until tender, about 12-15 minutes Let stand until cool enough to handle and scrape out and discard seeds.
- 2Heat oil in lg. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas, oregano, lemon zest, S&P; increase heat to high and bring to a slow boil.
- 3Using a fork, scrape strands of squash into skillet with tomato-chickpea mixture. Cook, stirring, until squash strands are well-coated. Allow to simmer for a few minutes to cook off the extra water in the pan.
- 4Remove from heat & stir in dill or mint. Top each serving with cheese.
- 51 c squash mixture & 1 T cheese = 4 WW points.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Greek-Style Spaghetti Squash (Works W/Simply Filling)
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 330.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g