Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is out of an old Weight Watchers magazine. It shows Cal-201, Fat-2.4, Fiber-0.6
- 680.38 g shrimp, large
- 473.18 ml pineapple chunks, fresh (or canned, drained)
- 78.07 ml apricot jam, all-fruit, no sugar added
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce, low sodium
- 4.92 ml ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- cooking spray
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Thread shrimp and pineapple alternately onto 8 (12-inch) skewers; set aside.
- Spoon apricot spread into a medium bowl, and chop any large chunks of apricot, if desired.
- Add rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients, and stir well.
- Divide apricot mixture in half; reserve half of mixture.
- Place kabobs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush kabobs with apricot mixture; broil 3 minutes.
- Turn kabobs over, and brush with apricot mixture.
- Broil an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Brush with reserved apricot mixture before serving.
TeresaS, I just love 'your' recipes. If I didn't already know it was a WW's one, I would never guess it by eating these shrimp. I especially enjoyed the flavor from the sesame oil. I used apricot preserves, as that is what I had on hand. I even saved a little of the glaze, to use for dipping sauce! YUM! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was so good. I had some apricot/pineapple jam in the fridge and used that in place of the apricot jam. I grilled these outside on the grill. It didn't take very long at all. Maybe 5 minutes total. They were so good. I ate them over leony rice pilaf and we had steamed broccoli. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for 1~2~3 Hit Wonders. June 2010
Although I did cut the amount of shrimp back to just a hair over 1 pound (for the 2 of us), I kept the other ingredient amounts the same, & we had a great shrimp dinner served with brown rice! And, as with alligirl, I made sure there was a bit of the glaze left for dipping! Wonderfully tasty & a recipe I'll be keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]