Recipe by teresas
This is out of an old Weight Watchers magazine. It shows Cal-201, Fat-2.4, Fiber-0.6
Top Review by alligirl
TeresaS, I just love 'your' recipes. If I didn't already know it was a WW's one, I would never guess it by eating these shrimp. I especially enjoyed the flavor from the sesame oil. I used apricot preserves, as that is what I had on hand. I even saved a little of the glaze, to use for dipping sauce! YUM! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, large
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh (or canned, drained)
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam, all-fruit, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Thread shrimp and pineapple alternately onto 8 (12-inch) skewers; set aside.
- Spoon apricot spread into a medium bowl, and chop any large chunks of apricot, if desired.
- Add rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients, and stir well.
- Divide apricot mixture in half; reserve half of mixture.
- Place kabobs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush kabobs with apricot mixture; broil 3 minutes.
- Turn kabobs over, and brush with apricot mixture.
- Broil an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Brush with reserved apricot mixture before serving.