Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The lady who gave me this recipe, said her 98 year old granny drank this every morning to purify her body.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh finely grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- Place grated ginger into a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Fill to the 1-1/2 cup line with boiling water.
- Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, strain into a large mug and stir in sugar (you may need more or less, depending on how sweet you want your tea).
- Taste; if it's too strong (too gingery) for you, add a little more boiling water to your mug.
- Sip, sip, sip.
Love it with honey also, thanks for posting.
I love this kind of tea and this is a wonderful alternative to coffee or regular tea in the morning! Thanks for a healthy way to start the day! Made for the Comfort Cafe event.