Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Weight Watchers cookbook called "Cook it Quick" Make sure to pat the scallops dry before you mix them with the flour and salt. That way they won't soak up too much flour. You can substitute smaller Scallops just make sure you adjust the cooking time. You don't want to overcook them or they will become tough and rubbery. I like to serve this with Ww Linguine With Herbed Butter 5-Points.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss the scallops with the flour and salt.
- Transfer the scallops to the skillet; add the garlic, scallions, and sage.
- Saute' until the scallops are just opaque, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley; remove from the heat and serve at once.
Added lemon zest and some wine. Not wonderful, but ok.
These scallops are terrific and took no time to make. I used less garlic but I recommend that you use the full amount. I agree that a splash of white wine would have been a nice addition. We had the scallops on a bed of brown rice pasta tossed with a touch of butter and fresh parmesan. It would have presented better if I used a coloured pasta, but it still tasted great! Made for Zaar Stars tag game. Enjoy! :)
Made as written and turned out great, but if you are not too concerned with WW points, I think a little white wine splashed on with the lemon juice would be a nice touch, or perhaps a bit more lemon. I used fresh sage instead of ground. Made for tag game at Kittencalskitchen.com.